David M. Abbatoy Esq.
David Abbatoy has seen litigation at all levels. Your case deserves a lawyer who is an effective trial advocate and one who knows how to properly position and litigate a case on appeal. David is a 2003 winner of the Western New York Trial Lawyer's Association Robert J. Connelly Award for excellence in trial advocacy. He has tried civil and criminal cases in New York State Supreme, County, and Family Court, in addition to the state's various local courts. David is also an experienced appellate advocate having litigated over 100 appeals and other post-trial actions in Supreme and County Court, the Third and Fourth Appellate Divisions, and the New York Court of Appeals. David has briefed, argued, and litigated appeals involving major felony and misdemeanor convictions, personal injury, legal and medical malpractice, family law, tax certiorari, municipal law, and bankruptcy.
Please feel free to contact David to discuss your case. David will meet with you to discuss your case and to give you a detailed plan of action regarding how to attack your particular legal problem.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Appeals and Post-Coviction Challenges
- Civil Appeals and Post-Verdict Remedies
- Federal Habeas Corpus Litigation
- Major Felony Litigation, Misdemeanors and DWI Defense
- New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Western District of New York
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- State University of New York at Geneseo
- Major: History
- Examining the Firearms Examiner (2010-Present)
- Challenging Evidence of Sexual Abuse (2012-Present)
Honors and Awards
- Western New York Trial Lawyer's Association Robert J. Connelly Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy, 2003
Professional Associations and Memberships
- NYS Office of Indigent Legal Services, Working Group on Standards and Best Practices for Appellate and Post-Conviction Representation
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Committee to Ensure Quality Mandated Representation
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York State Defender's Association